Senior Node JS Developer
Lead Technical Architect
The team at Milkbox Malta is growing and we are looking for a Senior Node JS Developer who has worked in an agile environment to join us! We are part of a world-leading performance marketing group, developing an all-in-one marketing business application.
You will be responsible for the development and programming of various systems and databases related to the publication, maintenance, and tracking of corporate-wide web-based assets.
Who are you
● You are committed and reliable
● You are a strong self-guided problem-solving skills & self learner
● You are autonomous, resourceful, positive, and calm in a production-oriented
● You have the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
● You have curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies and business functions
● You have good knowledge of Web technologies
● You can focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
● You Identify and analyzes problems; formulates alternative solutions;
● Takes or
recommends appropriate actions;
● Follows up to ensure problems are resolved.
● You use diplomacy and tact to maintain harmonious and effective work relationships with
co-workers and constituents;
● Adapts to changing priorities and demands;
information and resources with others to promote positive and collaborative work relationships;
● Supports diversity initiatives by demonstrating respect for all individuals
● You are able to effectively communicate well with others in order to meet organizational
● Shares information appropriately; relates well to all kinds of people; is able to speak well and write effectively.
● Your duties are conducted in a manner that enhances team objectives.
● Driven by your entrepreneurial mindset, you have a winning attitude and ability to thrive in chaos to get sh*t done!
What you’ll be doing
● Design and implement high performance, modular, scalable and redundant/fault tolerant
microservices rest API solutions with NodeJS.
● Work with serverless framework to deploy NodeJS functions on Functions as a Service
(FaaS) such as AWS lambda and Api Gateway
● Containerised node APIs using docker and deploy on ECS.
● Design and write Restful APIs using NodeJS with complex filters, limits and offsets
● Use TDD
● Work with various tools/frameworks such as: Docker, ExpressJS, AWS services (EC2,
Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo, etc.)
● Analyzing NodeJS code and derive business rules;
● Construct a database table based on user’s requirements following ACID principles.
● Write complex SQL queries, using group by and perform projections;
● Diagnose and quickly find faulty code and write fixes (code in NodeJS);
● Reliably write features in code in a timely manner with minimum supervision and
● Hypothesise on different split A | B tests and experiments that can be run.
● Work with google analytics or similar tracking tool.
● Tweak on SPA applications written in AngularJS, ReactJS
● Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts,
diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code;
● Document an end user’s requirements and technical details, and identify parts of the
existing code base to be updated;
● Code with performance in mind for node single threaded event loop
● Working with various caching technologies, eg. redis, memcached
● Test with postman and supertest
● Passport js, oauth, token access (jwt), authentication and security concepts are assets
● Configure ci/cd systems such as jenkins, travis, codepipeline/deploy
● Use basic design patterns to architect code.
● Take part in task planning, task estimation and code reviews;
● Executing various brown bag sessions on various tech topics.
What you have
● AWS Certifications: Solutions Architect, Certified Developer, SysOps
● Work experience in an Agile environment
● Work with GIT
● Work with various tools/frameworks such as: Docker, AWS services (EC2, API Gateway,
● Must have at least 2 years hands to keys working with NodeJS. Writing NodeJS async
and non-blocking code using promises, and async/await.
● RESTful API services design and development, and must know HTTP status code
● Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests with Jest or similar; constantly
increase code coverage.
● Basic linux experience
● GIT using GIT flow and do tasks such as reverting merges, and cherry-picking
● Worked with NO-SQL or cache stores such as redis, dynamo, cassandra or mongodb
● Must be a self learner / self starter
● Have used web server technologies like Node.js, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
● Understand differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop,
and optimizing output to match the specific platform
● Understand security and data protection, and technologies like jwts, oauth2.
Our offer to you
● Competitive Salary
● Quarterly performance-based bonuses
● Finish your week at 1 pm on Fridays
● Possibility to travel: Job opportunities in our other international offices