Lead Technical Architect
The team at Milkbox Malta is growing and we are looking for a Database Administrator who has worked in an agile environment to join us! We are part of a world-leading performance marketing group, developing an all-in-one marketing business application.
The role of the Database administrator is to ensure that business data is accurate, available and secure.
Who are you
● You are committed and reliable
● You are a Strong self-guided problem-solving skills & self learner
● You have the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
● You are curios and willingness to learn new technologies and business functions quickly
● You have a good knowledge of Web technologies
● You can focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
● You are able to Identify and analyzes problems; formulates alternative solutions; takes or recommends appropriate actions; follows up to ensure problems are resolved.
● You uses diplomacy and tact to maintain harmonious and effective work relationships with co-workers and constituents; adapts to changing priorities and demands; shares information and resources with others to promote positive and collaborative work relationships; supports diversity initiatives by demonstrating respect for all individuals
● You are able to effectively communicate well with others in order to meet organizational goals; shares information appropriately; relates well to all kinds of people; is able to speak well and write effectively.
● Driven by your entrepreneurial mindset, you have a winning attitude and ability to thrive in chaos to get sh*t done!
What you’ll be doing
● Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
● Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
● Monitor database uptime for RDS (MySQL), and Redshift databases
● Work with various caching technologies, eg. redis, memcached
● Configure and monitor AWS DynamoDB
● Ensure data integrity is maintained
● Audit queries and provide improvements on query optimization, apply table indexes
● Set up various best practices for security, encryption, auditing, VPC configuration and alerts.
● Configure databases for high volumes of traffic.
● Transform data and implement data pipelines for reporting purposes
● Build and manage highly scalable cloud applications (multi-az deployments)
● Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code;
● Work proactively to identify areas of cost inefficiency, develop mitigation plans, and execute on them.
● Set up and maintain monitors on all relevant metrics generated by application systems.
What you have
● Knowledge about testing security vulnerabilities (Cross-site scripting, sql injection etc.)
● Experience with AWS
●Experience handling sensitive data, eg credit card data, personal health data, etc.
Considered an asset:
● AWS Certifications: Solutions Architect, Certified Developer, SysOps
● Work experience in an Agile environment
● Work with GIT
● Work with various tools/frameworks such as: Docker, AWS services (EC2, API Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo, etc.)
Our offer to you
● Competitive Salary
● Quarterly performance-based bonuses
● Finish your week at 1 pm on Fridays
● Possibility to travel: Job opportunities in our other international offices